Over 100 data and fact sheets
concerning bottles, jars, finishes, caps, control procedures etc., have been published by Cetie.
Developed on the principle of consensus between experts from interested parties, these data and fact sheets define for various packagings:
- Geometrical and dimensional specifications
- Recommendations for use and to for hygiene
- Rules to take in consideration for design, manufacturing and inspection.
Several international and European standards are based on these sheets.
Practical guidelines for bottling
They focus on cork sealing, « Champagne » sealing, metallic screw capping, crown cork sealing, metallic screw capping for still wines etc.
These guides compile and define the technical bases and the best current practices in a specific sealing field.
They are intended to provide the users/bottlers with an interprofessional reference which is recognised as such by all allowing:
- to ensure the interfaces related the assembling of the components;
- to list standard and specification references;
- to set application limits related to the equipment and the operating conditions;
- to define performance limits and individual responsibilities;
- to help the suppliers to fulfill their obligation to inform users;
- to help ensuring the delivery on the market of safe products;
- to reach a high level of safety for the consumer.
Practical guidelines for bottling quality
The practical guidelines aim at establishing specifications for packaging supplies, functional specification for labelling, capping, cardboard packaging, quality management on bottling line, practical approach of the ISO 9000 certification in bottling, good hygienic practices on bottling lines, functional specification, control of volumes in pre-packed glass containers, safety of pre-packedfood products, inspection on bottling lines, cleanliness of prepackages, mobile sub-contract bottling of still wines.
These guidelines are edited by the Quality Committee of Cetie. Its main objective is to help the bottling industry to improve the quality and reliability of its products by sharing best practices and discussing quality issues among members.